What is food nutrition analysis/labeling/computation, and what does it mean for you?
We provide food nutrition analysis/labeling/computation to food product purveyors so their customers can better compare and choose food. Giving consumers the necessary facts to make informed decisions encourages them to shop in your store or restaurant. We help you capture the health-conscious markets with labels that prove to your customers that your food meets their needs.
Compliance with labeling/computation regulations
Do you comply with the Affordable Care Act passed in March 2010, which is an amendment of the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act? Did you know that all the following terms are subject to regulations? Serving Size, small package, light,fewer, healthy, natural, organic, and common household measures? The Act requires calorie and other nutrient information on food in restaurants, which also includes:
If any of the above apply to you, contact us today to ensure FDA compliance.
- Grocery stores that have seating areas
- Food made in a commissary
- Salad Bars
- Food cooked in your retail establishment and sold in other locations like mini-marts, gas stations, and other stores
- Food you prepared on site and sell to other cities, states, etc.
- Food distributed regionally in single service packages or bulk
- Magazines which contain recipes
- Private schools
- Meals on wheels programs
- Catering companies
- Gift baskets containing food
- Claims on food, such as: Low-fat, sugar-free, low-sodium, heart healthy, etc.